I'm very happy for my brother and his lovely bride. Congratulations to them!That was Friday of last week. On Saturday Spencer and I had errands to do around town, so we spent most of the day doing that. The bad news is that I didn't find new waterproof shoes. The good news is that I got a haircut! That was very important. We also bought a new stuffed bear for Max Power, and he loves it very much! In the evening we had dinner at Spencer's mom's house, with his sister Sabrina and her boyfriend Lucas, and the grandparents as well. It was nice to see everyone, and I hadn't met Lucas before, so it was great to meet him too. We all celebrated Spencer's birthday, with cake and presents. Dinner was bbq burgers with all the leftover salads from the wedding. (We had to because they were so good.) It was a very pleasant, though short, visit.
In the morning we headed to Spencer's dad's house for event and birthday party number 2. We had a delicious brunch cooked up by Elaine (that reminds me, I get to have leftover cinnamon rolls for breakfast today! Yeah!), and Grandma came, as well as Elaine's son and his family. It was a nice day spent out on the porch, and good to visit with everyone.
We went back to my parents' house following that to pack up (always a not-so-fun task, and this time I'd been gone a month, so it was extra crazy), and then we all went out to dinner for event and birthday party number 3. Grandma came along with us. After dinner was more birthday presents and cake! Wow! Spencer should go home at his birthday time more often! We get to eat well when that happens!
Anyhow, on Monday we came back here. The flights went fine and were about as speedy as they can be. It was nice travelling with Spencer, because I've gone by myself the last few times. Then the usual routine in Victoria of finding lunch, dog food, and groceries, then the road back, which was not all that good. We returned to lovely clear weather though, which was nice because it seems to like to rain on us on the days when we're taking groceries across in the boat. It felt a bit weird for me to be back, because I was gone so long I guess. But the summer is over here, and there aren't any more fishing boats or people walking through the yard. Also, all three (four counting the little girl) of the people who own this house left while I was away, and new roommates moved in. The feeling here is different now, and for some reason, it feels more chill and less stressful for me. I guess maybe because they were the ones who had problems with me when I moved here, and that discomfort for me never really went away. But it has now, and I feel much more relaxed now here, which is very nice. I look forward to hanging out with our new housemates.
On Wednesday I went to knitting night at Shanti's, and that was fun too. All the ladies were there, of course. I was able to finish my washcloth (the one I started when Kari and Les visited us) finally, so now I can move on to baby hats! Yay! I look forward to doing those.
So now it's Friday again, and I think I've told you about everything that's happened in the last week. I don't know what we're doing this weekend, but it will probably involve a little more work, and a lot of house work, because it's a mess here! We have about 200 spiders that need to be vacuumed up.... I hope you all are well, and I'll talk to you again later!
2 comments:
If you could get rid of those spiders before we come that would be just great! :)
It was great having our birthday dinner Saturday night....short, but oh so sweet....always wonderful to have you two home!!
Post a Comment