06 June 2011

I went south for the weekend. On Friday I attended a retirement party for my favorite teacher, from Carus Elementary. It was very, very nice to see him again and help him celebrate a successful career. From the looks of it, he was a favorite teacher of many. After that I had dinner with my folks (thai in Canby-- YUM) and then I drove down to the Philomath Pharm. On Saturday we (me, Sabrina, Charlotte and Max) went to the beach! The weather was gorgeous. It was in the high 70s I think and sunny and awesome and no wind, although by the time we did our shopping for sun screen and actually made it to the beach it was breezy for the afternoon. Charlotte got to play on the sand and in the water for the first time. That was mostly fun for Sabrina and me, though. Charlotte didn't really know what to make of it, and the wind was blowing in her face. So we did that for a little while and wandered the beach. Max got to run around a little too, and he was actually interested in walking in the water, surprisingly. He went right in! Maybe he was reminiscent. After the beach we had chowder and chili for lunch in Depoe Bay. We got some candy and then went to Government Point to see the view. We saw some whales while we were there. We headed home after a very successful day at the beach! We were very pleased with our day. Check out the photo gallery for pictures from the beach! On Sunday we raked leftover hay in the field at the farm and went to the Costco. It was a good day too, and then I had to leave to come back to Seattle in the evening.

No comments: