I've been really sick this week. Yesterday was my worst day (I was even too sick to knit) and today I'm better, but not all the way better yet. The worst part today is that my abdominal muscles and my rib cage are hurt from the horrible coughing I've been doing. I was supposed to go back to Petaluma this weekend but I can't drive, so I'm staying in Seattle for another week. So far, Spencer doesn't show signs of having caught this from me, and that's good.
The other excitement from yesterday was that while sitting in bed and watching out the window, I noticed a lot of smoke coming from the house I could see down the street about half a block away. I watched for a minute, then told Spencer about it. As we watched, flames appeared and got bigger and bigger. Spencer put on his shoes and ran out the door, and I called 911. I told them that I could see a fire next to someone's house. Spencer came back a minute later and told me, "That guy likes to bbq with big flames." The fire truck came a couple minutes later and presumably talked to them.
In more mundane news, the weather this week has been gray and somewhat wet, though not very cold. The other day I was at the dog park with Max and neither I nor any other person there (~40 people) was wearing a hat, coat, or had an umbrella even though it was drizzling. There was even a guy with no shirt on. This morning on wikipedia I learned that the average annual rainfall for Seattle is 37 inches (the same as Portland, and less than New York (50 in.), Houston (54 in.) and Atlanta (50 in.)). I also learned that the average annual rainfall in the Hoh rainforest, which is the outer Pacific side of the Olympic peninsula, is 142 inches. For comparison, the average annual rainfall in Bamfield was around 150 inches. Average rainfall in San Francisco is 22 inches/year. So there are your Saturday rain stats.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I remember when i lived in southeast alaska for the summer that i was told to cut the grass in the rain because otherwise there would never be time to cut the grass!
Post a Comment