10 January 2010

Yesterday we hung out at home. I did a lot of knitting on mom's shawl (I'm on skein 5/6!), and we finished cleaning up the last few things that were still sitting in a tub from our trip to Oregon for Christmas. Among those things were the sea life sponge pills from Santa. If you've never seen these before,:

you put the pill in some water and the gelatin capsule dissolves, revealing a sponge creature. When I was a kid, we would get these as souvenirs from the zoo. I decided to do three of these sea creatures (Santa knows we're marine biologists) yesterday. First up, was blue:

A triceratops! Not exactly a sea life! But maybe the dinosaur ones got put in our package by mistake. Next up, red:
A turkey! That's not a sea life nor a dinosaur! I didn't have any guesses for the third one, green:

An elk! Hmm, well, no sea life this time. Now I'm even more interested to see the rest! Who knows what they will be!

2 comments:

meg said...

dibs on the platypus!

Miss J said...

awesome! I give those to my students as prizes all the time... and most of them have no clue what they are which is sad. Good luck finding the sea life.