16 May 2009

Hello! This week went by pretty fast. The weather was gorgeous, and the three of us have enjoyed lunchtimes outside during the workday. Spencer's thesis is coming along, and he'll be done next week before we travel to Oregon. Yay!

On Thursday night I went to the city to meet with Megan and go to the California Academy of Sciences "Nightlife" event. You may remember that I went with Melinda, Kim, Jamie, and Jerome to the same event about a month ago. This time it was much less crowded, which was nice, though my drive to get there took longer (?). Learning from my last visit there, Megan and I visited the rainforest exhibit straight away before getting drinks. It was really cool! Actually, it was hot and muggy, since it was a rainforest, but all the plants and animals were super neat. The route through the exhibit takes you from ground level up through the canopy to the top, then on an elevator down down down to below the water.


Megan's twin nephews had been born just a couple of hours earlier in Denver, so after we visited the rainforest, we bought drinks and toasted to the new baby. Later, we had another drink and toasted the other one too! We had a good time at the museum.

Around our house, we seemingly have a new roommate. This lizard has appeared for three or four days in a row. He (she?) comes out in the afternoon near the fireplace. Yesterday while Max and I were out, Spencer found it sunning itself on Max's bed. Everybody loves Max's bed! The lizard has two names: Dad named it Elizabeth (for Lizzie), I guess if it's a female, and Spencer has named it Stewart, for I guess if it's a male. The males have blue spots on their underside, so maybe we'll figure it out some day....

No comments: