Hello! Happy May! Our May began with rain here. It rained pretty good all day yesterday, and then part of the day today. They say maybe more tomorrow, and then back to spring weather in a couple days. Today was a busy day off for me. I did errands all day. First stop was to get gas. Then I bought some shoes for Sabrina and Lucas' wedding. I managed to find some that will work with the bridesmaid dress, and also look cute with my jeans, so I can wear them after the wedding too.
Next I went and got a burger at the In-n-out, and then took my car to get an oil change. After that I went to the FoodMaxx to get salsa cheap, the Target for cheap cereal, then the Joann's for a measuring tape. Worry not! I only went about a mile between the In-n-out and the Joann's, with all those places in between. The Target and Joann's are right next door to one another, actually. After that I went to the Oliver's to buy happy local chicken. I got a chicken from Petaluma! So that was good.
Then I went to Santa Rosa, and checked out a used office furniture store. The guy there was really nice, and might have something coming in on Monday that will work in our new office. (Did I tell you all that we're getting an office? Bill decided on the office space in downtown Petaluma. I'm really happy about it, and it will be cool!)
After that I headed toward the mall, and on the way there I saw a park, so we stopped there and Max and I went for a walk. At the park we saw two groups of people. The first group was a bunch of kids who were doing a scavenger hunt or something, and they all were wearing 80's-style costumes. They were cute. The other group was a bunch of teenagers celebrating one girl's quincenera. That's the celebration latino girls have for their 15th birthday, and it's quite an ordeal. Kindof like a wedding, actually. She had a big fancy blue dress, and a tiara, and a date, and a whole entourage of friends. Of those, the girls were wearing white dresses, and the boys were wearing tux-like outfits, but without coats.
I made it to the mall and the Macy's, where there was LOTS to see (people). Everyone was at the mall because of the rain, I'm guessing. I didn't find what I was looking for (a Spanx underwear thing), but I did buy new underpants. Woo!
After that I headed back toward Sebastopol, and on the way there, saw a house on fire that was a control burn for firefighter training. That was kindof interesting. It was at the part where I think probably no one was inside, they were all standing around watching, and it was burning good.
I stopped at the fruit stand, and it was crazy there too! They were having a 45th anniversary party, and the place was hopping! There was a big bbq going on, and lots of things were on sale. I got baskets of strawberries for $0.45 each! Crazy!
Then I went home. My day out was about 7 hours long. That's a long time, but it was an interesting day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment