So this afternoon Spencer and I (and Max, of course) decided to go out for a little hike. We have a Santa Fe day hikes books from the lady that Spencer is working with, and we found a good-looking one in there that was only about 8 miles up the road from our house. I was excited particularly to go out and see some desert plants. We drove up there, and we found that since we went up into the mountains (about 1200 feet higher in elevation than our house), we were in a forest and it was fairly snowy!

We didn't get to see any desert plants, except one that kindof looked like a palm. We hiked about 3 miles round trip (I told you it was a little hike), and the trail was mostly packed snow. We're doing pretty good with the elevation difference between here and our previous residences now, and although it still feels a bit more tiring to hike uphill, neither of us feel like we're dying. Max had a GREAT time on our hike, and he ran all around. I posted some more photos in my gallery, so check it out if you'd like to see them.
No comments:
Post a Comment