23 October 2008

So I was working just now, and suddenly on the wall right above my monitor appeared this thing!!:


There have been a bunch of these in the house lately. It's our next plague of the basement. I just wish that our plagues weren't of huge things. This is a Cave Cricket, and although this one is pretty big, they get even bigger! Dude. We caught one two nights ago too when it went bouncing across the living room floor. Usually they walk rather than jump, though, which is nice. This one jumped when I put the jar over it-- bonk, bonk, bonk! Anyhow, I just thought I'd share a little with you about what we have to put up with in the basement.... Big crickets to feed the big spiders.... Yuk.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope I don;t have any nightmares tonight! As you would say, YUK!

Sabrina said...

gee, sad we missed that plague when we were there...although the one Spencer and I caught before was wayyyy bigger than that!

KIM! said...

that is HUGE. I need a clearer picture. reminds me of those wierd bugs only found in aussie - starts with a w... hmmm.