Hello! The first thing I'd like to say this morning is Happy Birthday Melinda! Big birthday hugs for you!
We've been kinda busy since I wrote last. Last Wednesday night I had knitting night at our house, but it was a much smaller crowd than the last knitting night that I went to. There were three of us knitting, then a few people who came who don't knit, including most of the knitters' boyfriends. But I like hanging out with everyone who was there, so it was good. I'm almost done with another baby hat now...
On Thursday there was a seminar talk at the marine station, and then we decided to go to the pub afterward for burgers. They sounded so good! When we got to the pub though, there was a lady working there who had to fill in at the last second, so she wasn't running the grill, only the fryer. So no burgers for us, but we did get fish and chips and chicken fingers and fries, which are all good too. After that was some pool-playing, which was also fun because we haven't done that in a long time.
On Friday night we went to Siobhan's and watched the Life Aquatic for dinner-and-a-movie. Man, that movie is funny, and it was good because I hadn't seen it in a long time. We also had a good dinner of seafood dishes. This was a loose interpretation: scalloped potatoes, sushi (with little shark fins sticking out of the top), roasted sea lion (actually a lamb), shrimp noodle casserole, some squash thing with rice, pie, blue jello with sea creatures, cookies with fishes on them, cake (starts with a c) and ice cream, and I think that's it. It was a tasty tasty dinner.
Yesterday was mushroom fest and it was a really good day. Spencer and I decided that we weren't going to go to the dinner though because it was too expensive. Since we went to the pub the other night and are going to Vancouver in a couple of weeks, we decided to not spend that money. But Chris came down in the late morning and invited us upstairs for waffle brunch, so we did that and it was awesome! Good breakfast with waffles and fruit sauces, and lots of tea and coffee, and knitting, and the sun was shining into their house.... It was all very nice. After that we all went for a walk to look for mushrooms. Mushroom hunting walks are a part of mushroom fest, but we did our own. The deal about Mushroom Fest is that there's a mushroom guy, Jim (as in, "Jim the Mushroom Guy"), and he comes here every year to do this. What he does all day is identify and tell people about mushrooms. There's a pancake breakfast, then walks in the forest on the east side near the marine station, then the fancy dinner, then a dance. Instead, we did our own breakfast, then had our own walk on the west side. And we ended up breaking away from the group and going a long ways, then Chris and Christine caught up with us, then the four of us walked farther and farther, and then we were at the beach! We were out for hours, but it was lots of fun, mostly after we left the rest of the group. It sucked a little actually with all of them because there was too much competition, although it was fun to be in the forest with a lot of people because normally when I'm there it's very quiet. Eventually we got into a part of the forest that people hadn't been to yet, and we saw LOTS of cool mushrooms. We did bring home some to eat, and one of my jobs today is to research about how to cook them. I cooked some a couple of weeks ago my regular way, and they turned to mush. But anyhow, we had a really good time. If you want to see some photos from our outing yesterday, check out my photo gallery...
We had dinner on our own and we were sooooo tired from our big long walk! And Max is totally dead today too, from his awesome afternoon yesterday.
Today I have things to do around the house, but I'm going to try to take it easy too. I hope you all have a good day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks so much for the birthday wishes!!!
Post a Comment