Happy Sunday morning! We're having a quiet morning today. Spencer's having a sleep-in. It was crazy though-- I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't get back to sleep. I was really frustrated about it, because I haven't been sleeping well lately. Then Spencer woke and I told him I couldn't sleep, and asked the time, and he said, "It's 7:30"! It was so dark (sunrise is at 8:05 or so), I had no idea it was the morning. No wonder I was awake!
We went to the marine station staff and grad student party last night, at the director's house (on-site at the marine station). It was good fun. There were lots of people there, and I got to socialize with people who I don't normally get to socialize with. We had some good food and drink (though I hear the scotch was a little under par). It was fun to dress nicely and go out. Poor Max had to stay home alone, but he was very excited to see us when we got back! I made a rice dish and deviled eggs, but about half of the eggs got smushed on our way over. Bummer. I'm going to turn them into egg salad today though!
You'll all be happy to know that I'm now a level 1 certified first aid responder! Yeah! I took an all-day course on Friday, and am officially certified. I even got 100% on the test at the end. I heard about the class last minute (it was at the station and taught by the guy who lives upstairs from us), and then once it was time for class to start, 3/4 of the people who had signed up (other than me) didn't show up. So there were only two students ("let's all break up into groups of two...."). We were involved in all types of awful injuries during the day: I got cut and burned while trying to fix the boat motor, then when the boat motor finally got going, it zoomed off with me and I crashed into the shore and was thrown to the ground and knocked unconscious, and then I got hit by the grader machine on the logging road and went into shock with a prolapsed lung or something.... My first aid partner was cut and burned by a chainsaw, fell down some stairs while cutting tree branches, then fell through a plate-glass window. Somehow we survived to the end of the day, probably due to our mad first aid skillz.
I'm going to take Max to the beach today. I hope all of your Christmas shopping/decorating/cooking/tree obtaining is going well! Talk to you later.
09 December 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment