07 November 2011

Spencer and I had a refreshing time on Vancouver Island last week. It was good to get away from the house. Spencer had meetings in Port Alberni Monday through Wednesday, so we were there then. It's not the most fun town to hang out in, but on Wednesday night we left and went out to Tofino on the outer coast. It's about 30 miles up the coast from Bamfield but a bigger town. There we stayed in a lodge on the coast, which was an amazing place. It was right on headland rocks. We both worked in the main lounge room of the lodge on Thursday and Friday with tea all day, a crackling fire, cozy furniture, ambient atmosphere, piano music, and the ocean right outside the door. That was just what I needed. In the evenings they also had fresh cookies warm from the oven. The weather was rainy in Port Alberni but not raining out on the coast. The ocean was surprisingly calm as well. It was all in all a very pleasant scene. We returned home on Sunday (I guess that was yesterday), and though I'm sad, it's not as bad as I thought it would be here.


No comments: