Hello everyone. So, we FINALLY have a new place to live! As most of you know, it has been a very long and somewhat rough go. But we did end up with the best place that we saw, and it's in the best location out of all the places that we saw. The house's other enjoyable features are that it's carpeted, has a bedroom door, dishwasher, and laundry hookups, and it's not tiny like our current cottage. Our house is 4-5 blocks from downtown Petaluma, and according to google maps, 0.9 miles from my office, which would be an 18-minute walk. I look forward to riding my bike and not driving 50 minutes in the car each way. We will move this weekend, and though we don't anticipate it taking us very long (we've even already moved a bunch of stuff to the office this week as a temporary stop-over), we do expect it to be hot. It should be 95-100 on Saturday. Ugh.
In other news, earlier this week I met with the orthopedic surgeon to discuss what to do about my knee. The answer is that we do an endoscopic surgery to clean up the torn meniscus. I got that scheduled for mid-November, which I think will be excellent timing. A cool thing about this particular doctor (who I liked very much) is that he does this procedure just with local anesthesia! I had planned to inquire about that, since it's such a minor surgery and general anesthesia makes me so sick. I might be interested to watch on the monitor too, if it doesn't make me queasy. So if the repair is an easy one I'll just have to be off my knee for about a week, but if it's the more difficult repair, I'll have to be off for 6 weeks. Even if that's the case, that will be the best time of year to have to do that. I'm just excited to have this taken care of. I'm really tired of it.
I don't think that I have anything else to tell you about. I hope the weekend treats you all well, and I'll probably talk to you next time from our new awesome house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i would not be able to watch knee surgery. knees give me the heebie jeebies. yuck.
Post a Comment