11 August 2009

Hello! We spent the last bunch of days with Sabrina as our visitor, and that was a very nice time. On Thursday we went down toward the city to do a bunch of things. This included checking out a big NOAA research ship that was in port. We chatted up a couple of the ship staff that we ran into, and one of them offered to show us around. So that was cool! After that we got some burritos for dinner and made our way over toward the museum for the nightlife event that I have been to a couple of time already this year. We all had a good time! I enjoyed it despite having been before. There was a new highlight for me, too. We visited the roof after dark, and they had a telescope set up pointed toward Jupiter! We got to look at Jupiter, and though that in itself wasn't very impressive (it was still very small in the view, and small enough that we couldn't make out any of its colors), we could see about 5 of its moons there too! I thought that was very very cool. They were perfectly aligned in a plane across the middle, little tiny bright dots on either side of the planet. Awesome. You don't get to see Jupiter's moons every day.

On Friday we just hung out at the house, and I worked as normal. On Saturday we decided to head into town, and we did a couple of errands and some shopping. We ended up looking for pants for me, which began at the rei and ended at the mall, surprisingly. But Spencer and Sabrina are an excellent pants-searching crew, and we ended up finding a nice pair at Banana Republic (of all places). I'm very pleased to have gotten some. After shopping and walking the dog, we went to the pub for beer and dinner.

On Sunday we just hung out at the house, though Sabrina went to church in the morning in Santa Rosa. In the afternoon I ripped out the skirt I had been knitting (I think most of you saw me knitting that in the last couple of months) because when I finished it it ended up being the wrong shape for my oversize booty, and Sabrina helped me with that job by winding yarn as I pulled it out. I didn't rip it out all the way, just most of the way, and I'm back to knitting on it again. Hopefully this next time, with the changes that I will make to the pattern, it will fit me better. Then, because the weather was hot (92) Sabrina made us pizza and angel food cake in the oven.

Yesterday I had to work again, so Sabrina and Spencer hung out here in the morning, then took Max to the beach in the afternoon, because it was 96. Hot. I was ok stuck in the house because I had the fans pointed at me, and they had a good time at the beach. Apparently Max ended up in the water quite a bit, which was pretty entertaining for them. I have a hard time imagining it though...

Today's events were that Sabrina went home, and our weather cooled off. They said it would be 91, but it only ended up being 76. Whatevs. Also, Spencer discovered that one of our tomato plants doesn't actually make the tomatoes red, just orange, so they've actually been ripe quite a while, though we've been waiting. We went out and picked a whole load of them (above). Also, I hope that the final event of the day will be that I will be able to see some meteors tonight in the meteor shower. It's dark enough here (we can see the milky way even), but I didn't see any meteors last night when I looked. I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

meg said...

I saw one and then fell asleep. Hoping for better tonight.

KIM! said...

Woot for mooning Jupiter!