giant spiders
giant crickets
beetles
ants
rats
And now..... Flies!
We found some suspicious eggs and larvae a couple of weeks ago, and it appears now that the flies are being born in the ceiling, and then coming in. There were a couple all of a sudden a few days ago. Then there were about 8 on Saturday, and then yesterday we had an explosion of them. There were tons. I caught four in a cup together, because Spencer thought I couldn't do it. We invited Chris over for dinner because I made a lot of dinner, and he was wowed by our flies. He kept catching them in a cup and putting them outside. After dinner, he thought we should look for the source, so he poked into the ceiling in a bunch of places to see if he could find them:

Spencer got a vacuum from upstairs too to suck them up. He estimates he sucked up around 50.... We're keeping the vacuum for the morning too for when there's bound to be more. Oh, and poor Max was tortured by them. They would fly by him and then he couldn't sleep and he had to chase them. I think he ate a bunch, which was good. But he got too upset and had to run away to the bedroom. At one point we got him to calm down by covering his head with his blanket.... He doesn't like flies.
We wondered: Why couldn't the spider plague come right after the fly and cricket and beetle plagues? I mean, all that spider food... These things did not go in a good sequence for us. Soon we will move away from all these plagues. That will be nice. And yesterday we learned that they don't have tarantulas in Santa Fe, because of the elevation. Good.
1 comment:
i like santa fe it is so pretty!!!
is that where you are moving?
Post a Comment