Hello! Halloween was the other day, as you probably know. That's actually a big holiday in this town. Activities planned were an underwater pumpkin carving contest (for scuba divers), fireworks, and a big dance. The weather was frightening that day though, and some of those things didn't quite go as planned. I went to watch the carving contest from the shore (the divers were off a boat), but they were too far away for me to see anything, and the fun that might have happened from hanging out with other people on the shore didn't happen because almost no one else showed up because of the wind and rain. I sat there for about 10 minutes with Max, and then Chris showed up and we watched and chatted for about another 10 minutes, and then we decided to go home. I had a nap in preparation for the evening, which was good though. But then the fireworks were cancelled! Dude! They will happen eventually, I suppose, but hopefully not this coming weekend because we'll be in Vancouver... Anyhow, we all had dinner together upstairs, then finished making our costumes and got ready to go over to the dance.
I went as a black cat. Christine brought me a tail from a shop in the city, which was cool. I wore black clothes and painted whiskers on my face. I had made ears, but they broke as soon as I tried to barrette them into my hair. So I was earless, but no one seemed to notice. Spencer initially wanted to be a wizard. He found a box of fabric scraps in the storage area here, and began piecing together a wizard costume. Then he had the idea of a samurai, because he already has good samurai hair. In the first stages of constructing the samurai outfit, the robes ended up looking exactly like a priest. So he was the pope for halloween. He did some sewing and made a cool pope hat too. He looked really great!
The dance was fun, of course. There were some funny funny costumes. There was one drunk guy who kindof accosted me, but I was just one of about 40 girls that I saw him try to get fresh with that night. And there were a couple of obnoxious drunk guys who didn't seem to understand the concept of costumes, and harassed Spencer as if he were actually the pope, or even God. Whatever. The best costume award went to my friend Mark, who was dressed as Borat. He did an excellent interpretation with the accent and everything, and he was the perfect person for that role.
The music was good, the dancing was fun, and it was fun to be out and have a good time. I'm getting old though, and had to spend most of the day yesterday laying around watching movies as a recovery effort. I didn't have anything to drink that night, but staying up until 3 a.m. was a little rough!
I posted some photos from the evening, of course. I hope you all had a fun Halloween too...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment