28 September 2008

Good morning! It's a beautiful Sunday morning here. The sky is clear and it's supposed to be warm today too! Very nice.

After my bear story the other day, I forgot to update the count, so I've done that now.

Not much has been going on. Spencer has been very busy working on his thesis, and I've been busy working on whatever it is that I do. I had an interesting thing happen when I made dinner the other day though. I made burritos, so I cooked some rice and sauteed some mushrooms and made some other veggies. Then I opened a can of refried beans, and was scooping them out into a pot, and there was a big piece of rubber something in the can! It looked like a rubber gasket. At any rate, it was part of a machine, and the sides appeared to be cut, I assume leading it to fall into the beans! So we didn't have beans. It's a shame to have to toss out a whole can of beans, but we didn't think it would be smart to eat them. I did lick some off that I got on my fingers though.

Yesterday afternoon we went to the beach, which was nice. Max liked it, in particular. The weather was just clearing up, so it was very pleasant. Today I think that I'll take Max on a walk into the woods to look for some mushrooms. That might be fun.

Anyhow, first is knitting time, so I'll do that now. I hope you all have a nice sunny Sunday too!

No comments: