10 June 2008

Good morning! There was some excitement yesterday here. My day ended up being crazy. I went to the marine station yesterday for a big meeting concerning the director search, but I went over early because the weather was supposed to get bad, and I needed to canoe across before that happened. So I took my laptop to the library to work there for a while. Kylee (the librarian) was on the phone with Spencer, when she yelled out, "Oh my god, there are humpbacks in the inlet!" So we all ran to the window, and sure enough, there was a big whale back right out there, in town, near the coast guard station. We watched for a while, and the whales poked around a bit. There were three or four of them. Spencer had the best view, since his office is on the pier right out there on the water.

In the afternoon, the storm arrived. It was very windy, and very rainy. I was at home by then, and I skyped Spencer to comment on the rain, which was really coming down hard. Then he told me that he had gotten caught outside in it travelling between the buildings, and that he saw something really weird. He sent me a photo of it:

It's a waterspout! It went just past Spencer's office and ran into the building just on the shore. He said it made his office sway about and that when it hit the other building the metal roof on that made a huge cracking noise. I think the photo looks pretty freaky, but he says that it wasn't as big as it looks.

Anyhow, those are two of the three exciting things that happened yesterday. I can't tell you about the third thing just yet, but I will soon. This is to keep you coming back to read my blog. I hope you all are well, and I'll write again soon!

No comments: