17 May 2008

This is me and Ed, from the Barenaked Ladies! And I'd like to point out, that's in our house! Ed does a show in Canada like Dirty Jobs, and they came here this week so that he could be a marine biologist. So we had the crew over to our house for dinner, and it was fun to meet everyone, since they're very different people than everyone here! I thought it was cool meeting Ed too, since I like some of their music and have seen their concerts twice. I told him that, and he asked where (Portland), and he told me that that's one of his favorite cities. I bet he says that to all the girls! Anyhow, people in town were a little star-struck this week. Ed was surrounded by a group of undergrad girls at the station yesterday, and as we walked past, Spencer heard one of them say, "Do you know Niel Young?" Ha! Anyhow, he got to do some diving this week, and helped Chris collect some barnacles out at a wave-exposed site.

In other news, the weather is absolutely amazing right now (yesterday and today). We've had the house open, which is great. Today we worked in the field first thing (and the warmth was so awesome out there), and threw the ball for Max on the beach, then came home and cleaned the house practically from top to bottom. It just feels so great here right now.

The fun doesn't end there, and it's about to get better! We're leaving in a few minutes for the store boardwalk party. Pat (runs the store) threw a party last year, and is again today-- go hang out by the store on the boardwalk and have beer and food and just hang out for the afternoon. IN THE SUN. I've been looking forward to this all week!. I have to put on sunscreen before I go, but I'm happy for a chance to have my birthmark get darker and my hair get lighter. Oh yeah.

So I'll write again later to tell you how it goes. I hope you all are enjoying the warm weather, though it might be a little too hot for some of you in some places.... More later!

No comments: