24 April 2008

I have sad news to share with you today. Leonard has left us. He's been gone a couple days now. At first I thought he wasn't coming around because it was windy, but that eventually stopped and he's still gone. And a couple of other birds have been to the feeder. Rufous Hummingbirds are migratory birds: they winter in Mexico and the South, then they fly up here, and they summer in the Northwest, BC, and southeast Alaska. My theory is that Leonard was on his way north, and he just stopped to hang out with us for a while. I'm sad that he's gone, and I've been lonely during the day.

The three of us went to Port Alberni on Monday to do town things. We were very successful. We went to the government office, bought dog food, got a new tire (remember the bolt?), took Max to the vet, had lunch, bought groceries, and went to the dentist. The dentist said there's nothing apparently wrong with my very sensitive tooth, so that was good. They said it's really bad if you're sensitive to hot and cold, but I'm only sensitive to cold. That was good to know, and I just have to wait until it gets better.

In other news, there isn't much other news. I've been working every day and I look forward to my upcoming trip to California. I'm going to help Spencer do some field work for the next few days, so that will be good. I'll be very busy until I leave town.

I hope you're all well. I just got a new National Geographic, so I'm going to check it out now. See ya later!

No comments: