10 April 2008

Good morning! It's been a long time since I've written, hasn't it, now that I don't have a life of leisure anymore. Things are ok, but I've mostly just been working a lot. I work from 7-2 or 3 at home, and then go to the marine station to do my crab lab job. Earlier this week I was here by myself for a day though, because Spencer went to Cape Beale. I was sad to not go, since we had been there together every other time. I was sad to not get to see the Postelsias too. Megan went with him, and they all had a good time. They hiked out and then got a boat ride back. The hike went much better for them this year than it was for us last year, because the fallen trees had been cleared. Max had a great time, of course, running around everywhere, but he's very tired now. And he's starting to get stiff joints too, so he looks stiff and sore. Poor baby.

It feels more like spring now. Right after the snow was here, the hummingbirds showed up. Like, thousands of them! They buzz around all over the place, and when you go out walking, you can hear them everywhere... I put my feeder out right outside my window here, so I can see it from my computer.

I write to you this morning because I'm taking today and tomorrow off from work, and we're going to Seattle! We're driving to Victoria today, and then taking the fancy Victoria Clipper ferry over to Seattle. We're going to see a Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds concert tomorrow night, and there will also be a discussion with the Dalai Lama. I'm VERY excited. We'll meet my parents in Seattle tonight, and then hang out tomorrow and do some errands, and then after the concert we'll be visiting with Wayne and Tracey, our old friends from Corvallis, which will also be great. We return here on Saturday.

This weekend should be good. I have a bunch of stuff to do this morning, however, before we leave. I'm going to take Max to the beach, even though he doesn't want to get out of bed. Megan is coming to stay with him while we're gone. And I have to tidy up and finish packing. I should get going. I hope you all have a nice weekend, and I'll be back in a few days to tell you how the concert was. Cheers!

No comments: