Good morning! I thought it was about time that I wrote again. I had a busy week this week with a trip to Victoria for a few days. I was there to attend an oceanographic conference. The very fun part was that Maria was there too, and we had a fabulous time hanging out together. The only times we were getting to see each other in the last few years was at friends' weddings, and we're running out of non-married friends! Anyhow, she's still wonderful and we had a very nice visit. Other exciting things that happened on my trip were that I went to two pubs, a bakery, and a coffeeshop, and I also stopped at a yarn store in Nanaimo on my way home, which was fun as well.
I was really tired from my trip, so I took Thursday off. But that means that I have to work today. I plan to start at nine, so I gotta type fast here!
In other news, it was my brother's birthday this week-- happy birthday Chris! Also, since it's almost the official start of spring, I've decided the power outage count is done. SO, the final count is 10 days without power, and I declare that an indication of a mild winter. I was a little disappointed that the count wasn't more exciting, on the other hand, I'm glad we mostly had power all winter. That's something to be appreciated. The last order of business here is that I've been added to the website for my new job at the Farallon Institute, which I think is cool. The website is www.faralloninstitute.org, and I'm shown on the "team" page. I'm not providing a link here because Spencer says that the computer people will be able to track everything, so you'll have to cut and paste if you want to see it.
Ok, almost time for work! I hope you all have a nice weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment