28 October 2007

Halloween

Last night was the biggest party of the year in Bamfield, the Halloween dance. It went like this: tickets sold out on Friday mid-day. People came from everywhere to go to this party. Going without a costume made one stand out. Spencer and I went, of course, since it's not to be missed. Spencer went as a clown, and I dressed as the Lady Rose. The Lady Rose is the boat that delivers people, supplies, and the town's mail three times a week to Bamfield from Port Alberni. I dressed as a Lady, not the actual boat, however. Bamfield's band, The Broken Group (also the name of a group of islands near here), played, which is always a hit, because they're good! They play at dances about 3 times a year. So we danced our little rears off all night, which was awesome fun. The costumes were fun too. The costume contest was won by my friend Matt,
who went as plankton. It was a great costume, with lights even to be the bioluminescence. My other favorite costume there was a couple who dressed as ZZ Top. That was awesome too. They even joined the band onstage as guest performers at one point, though that led to someone stepping on and pulling out an important wire that silenced half the microphones. oops. I got hit on at one point by some guy who was pretty creepy, but Spencer saved me and twirled me off for more dancing. He's so great. That guy later ended up passed out sitting up. "You're partied out, Phil!" The evening was great fun, and was the best Halloween party I've been to. Maybe we'll get to
go to next year's too. We left before it was completely over, to escape from the increasingly rowdy drunken crowd, then sat in our canoe in the inlet to listen to the music for a couple more minutes. It was a really nice night out, which was good too. The Halloween fun continues on Wednesday when the fireworks show happens in the inlet..... Today Spencer and I feel totally whacked from our big night out. We slept until almost 10, and have headaches (we didn't drink, but the music was loud) and sore muscles. Partying is hard work! I don't think I'll do much today, but that's ok.

No comments: